Thought Leadership Programming
At the start of the pandemic, the Travelers Institute launched Wednesdays with Woodward®, a webinar series exploring pressing issues at the intersection of public policy, insurance, business and leadership.
These programs, which are open to the public and hosted by Travelers Institute President Joan Woodward, provide practical advice for our business partners, our customers and the communities we serve.
Through the end of 2022, the Travelers Institute hosted 77 webinars, which were viewed more than 158,000 times.
Recent programs included:
- Inflation, interest rates and the state of the U.S. economy with Neel Kashkari, President and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Global geopolitical risks with former U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel.
- Setting compensation after tragedy with Kenneth R. Feinberg, Special Master of the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund.
- The future of fighting insurance crime with the National Insurance Crime Bureau’s David J. Glawe and Travelers Chief Claim Officer Nick Seminara.
- Mental well-being in the workplace with Travelers’ Rich Ives and Dr. Marcos Iglesias in Workers Compensation, as well as clinical psychologist Dr. Les Kertay.
- Understanding Gen Z as consumers and colleagues with Travelers’ Jacqui Heidelberger in Enterprise Market Research.
- The rise of nuclear verdicts with the Institute for Legal Reform’s Harold Kim and Travelers Claim General Counsel Alexia Cruz.
- Telematics, roadway safety and insurance with Cambridge Mobile Telematics’ Ryan McMahon.
The webinars are available for replay through the Travelers Institute website.
- Wednesdays with Woodward homepage (sign up for Travelers Institute programming invitations here)
- Press Release: Travelers Institute to Host President and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis to Discuss the State of the Economy
- Press Release: Travelers Institute Announces Winter 2022 Virtual Programming