Cyber: Prepare, Prevent, Mitigate, Restore®
Recognizing that education is critical to enhancing cybersecurity, the Travelers Institute has been promoting cyber awareness through a series titled Cyber: Prepare, Prevent, Mitigate, Restore®. The Institute has featured more than 40 educational programs – in person across the United States and Canada or virtually – convening leaders from the public and private sectors to share insights on preparing for, and responding to, evolving cyber threats.
The Travelers Institute Wednesdays with Woodward® webinar series has hosted four dedicated cybersecurity webinars through the end of 2021. In early 2020, the Travelers Institute promoted cybersecurity awareness at the New York Stock Exchange, hosting a symposium featuring speakers from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the New York City Police Department’s Intelligence & Counterterrorism office, Travelers and selected vendors. Agents and brokers attended these programs to educate themselves on how to better serve their customers and enhance their own cybersecurity.
These programs are opportunities for us to share our internal risk management expertise with the public and a platform for government officials to publicize regulatory requirements for data protection and highlight free resources. Past speakers include representatives from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, U.S. Department of Justice, FBI and Federal Trade Commission. These events also provide an important value-add to key constituencies, such as agents and brokers, who partner with us to bring programs to their communities; Travelers customers; public sector organizations and municipalities; and the general public.
The Travelers Institute has also published a comprehensive educational Cybersecurity Guide for small and midsized businesses to help them understand and assess cyber threats and vulnerabilities. The guide is available for U.S. and Canadian businesses.
- Travelers Institute Cybersecurity Education Initiative
- Travelers Institute Webinar: Cybersecurity Playbook: Creating Your Checklist
- Travelers Institute Webinar: The Fight Against Cyber Crime – from Prevention to Prosecution
- Travelers Institute Webinar: Cybersecurity During the Pandemic
- Travelers Institute Webinar: Return to Work with Cybersecurity
- Travelers Institute Webinar: PATH to Reopening Your Business
- Press Release: Travelers Institute Celebrates 10th Anniversary by Ringing the Opening Bell® and Hosting Cybersecurity Symposium at New York Stock Exchange
- Video: Cybersecurity Symposium at New York Stock Exchange
- Cybersecurity Guide Canadian Version