Understanding Cyber Risks
In 2021, the Travelers Risk Index, an annual national survey of approximately 1,200 business leaders, found that cyber risks are the No. 1 concern among all businesses.
Business leaders are concerned about security breaches, system glitches and unauthorized access to confidential information. Nearly half of the respondents indicated that their company suffered a security breach – an increase of 40% in just one year.
Despite the heightened concerns and increased threats, many businesses remain unprepared and have not even implemented basic prevention measures, such as:
- Using multifactor authentication for remote access.
- Having a written business continuity plan.
- Having a cyber assessment for vendors’ or customers’ assets.
- Using endpoint detection and response.
- Having a post-breach team on retainer as part of an incident response plan.
Click here to see an infographic that summarizes the key findings from the 2021 Travelers Risk Index.
- Travelers Institute Webinar: Cybersecurity Playbook: Creating Your Checklist
- Travelers Institute Webinar: The Fight Against Cyber Crime – from Prevention to Prosecution
- Travelers Institute Webinar: Cybersecurity During the Pandemic
- Travelers Institute Webinar: Return to Work with Cybersecurity